One Website. Multiple Screens.
Every Business Needs a Responsive Design.
In a world where 1 in 4 online searches is conducted on a mobile device, savvy business owners in Northeastern Pennsylvania and beyond know their websites must look sharp, and perform brilliantly, across a wide range of devices in order to stay competitive, and keep their visitors coming back. They need Responsive Web Design.
What is a Responsive Website?
Responsive web design allows sites to provide an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices, from desktop computers to smart phones and tablets. Responsive sites are easy to read and navigate. Their design minimizes the amount of resizing, scrolling and panning for the user, making the online search experience a pleasant one; one that will inspire users to come back and recommend the site to friends and colleagues.
By adapting, or responding as its name indicates, to the screen size of the user, responsive designs are like the Olympic gymnasts of the online world – powerful, flexible and fast. The artistry and technology of the design takes the work out of the search for the user. The site adapts so the user doesn’t have to adapt.
10 Reasons to Go Responsive
- Mobile Matters. Consider this: 85% of all cell phones are smart phones. That means 85% of your customers can use their cell phone to learn more about your business and purchase your products and services.
- Americans love their tablets, too — 42% of adults report they own a tablet.
- Half of consumers say they won’t return to a website if it doesn’t load properly on their mobile devices.
- 62% of companies that designed a website specifically for a smart phone experienced an increase in sales.
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend companies with poor mobile sites. Don’t miss out on word-of-mouth marketing because of a weak mobile site.
- 59% of visits to local businesses were made after looking them up on a mobile device — further proof that first impressions really do count.
- Cost Effective. For business owners, the responsive design is a one-stop-shop and a wise investment. Instead of designing and maintaining two sites — one for desktop users and one for mobile users — you only have to create and maintain one website.
- Improved SEO. One of the world’s most popular search engines, Google recommends developers create responsive designs. Bing also gives responsive design a favorable review, and this can result in improved SEO and search engine visibility.
- Using and Sharing Links is Easy. Responsive websites make it easier for users to share and link to your content with a single URL. This is good news for those who use social media to market their businesses.
- Less Chance of Errors. Well-crafted responsive websites reduce the possibility of the common mistakes that affect mobile sites.
- Shorter Load Time. Responsive web design does not require redirection to give users a device-optimized view. No redirect means a shorter load time.
- You Stay Current. Regardless of changing technology, your website will always be current.
- Great Compatibility. Your website will be compatible with all Android, Apple, and Windows platforms.
- More Bells & Whistles. Responsive design incorporates features that your customers will love. For example, they’ll be able to find directions with one touch of a finger, and a “push to call” feature will instantly connect you with customers. With the touch of a finger, they can call you directly. Make it easy for them, and let the new business pour in!
- Asset to Marketing Efforts. Your responsive website will give you the ability to highlight certain products for eCommerce accounts — a great asset to any marketing strategy.
Design Done Right Makes it Happen
From our offices in Scranton, we’ll work with you to develop a responsive site from conception to launch. After the site is built, we’ll teach you how to update it so you can make changes as needed, in-house.
Our design team serves businesses in Northeastern Pennsylvania and beyond, including Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Clarks Summit, Milford, Dickson City, White Haven, Lake Wallenpaupack, Honesdale, and Wayne, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, and Pike Counties. Our clients are also found in New York and Northern New Jersey.
Design Done Right has the technical expertise and creativity to create custom made responsive sites that are functional and aesthetically pleasing in four different sizes, so no matter what type of device your clients use, they’ll see everything your business has to offer.